Job DescriptionBeaumont independentSchool DistrictJOB TITLE:
Custodial Zone LeadCLASSIFICATION:
Choose an item.REPORTS TO:
Supervisor of OperationsPAY GRADE:
/ 242 DaysLOCATION:
Maintenance & OperationsDATE REVISED:
4/3/2017FUNDED BY:PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Assists in the supervision and coordination of workers in custodial. Oversees custodial services to ensure a high standard of Safety, cleanliness and efficiency of building operations. Performs campus inspections, training and evaluation of custodial staff.QUALIFICATIONS:Education/Certification:
- High school diploma or GED
- Communication skills necessary to converse with various types of persons
- Must maintain a valid/current Texas Driver License and insurable driving record
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the job
- Organizational skills necessary to direct the efforts of skilled and unskilled custodial personnel
- Ability to analyze problems and effect the solution most favorable to the District
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and building occupants
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Five years of supervisory experience in related field preferred.
Assists in directing all phases of custodial tasks in assigned building including but not limited to the following: cleaning buildings and grounds, minor maintenance as required, organization, training, evaluation and morale of staff, security, operating building equipment, reporting needed repairs, compliance with health and safety standards, other related tasks.Periodically inspects completed jobs.Accountable for supplies purchased or issued.Responds to afterhours emergencies as necessary involving assigned building.Responsible for meeting performance standards.Maintain clean, safe and well organized facilities and work areas.Assists in the recommend and implement the selection of, Assignment, evaluation, morale, promotion, and dismissal of Employees under supervision. Other
Perform duties in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner as defined in the Texas Education Agency Code of Ethics for Educators.Perform other duties as assigned. EQUIPMENT USED:
WORKING CONDITIONS:Mental Demands
- Vehicle, computer, and all custodial equipment
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Communication verbal and written
- Light lifting and carrying with minimum floor to knuckle lift of 45 lbs.
- Substantial amount of walking, standing, kneeling, bending, climbing, squatting some shoveling
- Frequent climbing stairs/ladders/scaffolding, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching
- Operation of a motor vehicle
- Work outside and inside; exposure to hot and cold temperatures, and exposure to excessive humidity
- Extensive travel within the district
- This position will be an evening shift.
- Exposure to a small amount of fumes from silicone, glues and adhesives, dust, noise, solvents, grease, oil and cleansers
- Working with ladders, scaffolds and personnel lifts
- Working around moving parts of machinery and electrical hazards
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to the job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
The Beaumont Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities that it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Derwin Samuels
- 3395 Harrison Ave
- Beaumont, Texas 77706