SUMMARY: This position will be responsible general lifeguarding duties for events and activities at the Veteran?s Memorial Aquatics Center (VMAC). This position is non-benefited and scheduled as needed based on facility programming for less than 20 hours a week.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Ensures safety of athletes, coaches, program participants and spectators by observing swimmers and spectator areas at all times, corrects unsafe behavior, effectively responds to emergency situations, performs lifesaving procedures and assisting patrons. Enforces VMAC rules and regulations.
2. Performs daily facility checks on equipment to meet manufacturer and State health code regulations and completes facility reports daily. Provides facility support by performing cleaning of pool and pump room, including, but not limited to, emergency clean-up anywhere in the facility. May assist with snow clearance of walkways as needed.
3. Performs set-up and take down of events and practices taking place at the VMAC to include, but not limited to, moving of bulkheads, lane lines, timing system, computers, tables, chairs, platforms, etc.
4. Attend mandatory staff training and/or meetings.
5. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Either currently in High School or High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
No experience required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
Criminal background check required for hire.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid Certification required.
American Red CPR-PR/AED Certification required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
? Ability to supervise students, enforce district, school, league and CHSAA rules and regulations.
? Possess knowledge and skills in the specific sport.
? Ability to plan, organize and successfully direct specific sport.
? Ability to perform, as well as teach, advanced techniques in specific sport.
? Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent Policies and building and department procedures.
? Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
? Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
? When completing the application, please include current/previous coaching experience in the Work Experience section of the application or paste your resume, with coaching experience listed, to the online application.
? The salary listed is the base salary range. The exact salary to be paid will be based on the sport and previous years of experience, per Certified Master Agreement language.
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > After School Programs Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241