Support instruction and assessment aligned with District learner outcomes and State achievement standards. Supervise assigned students and maintain a positive learning environment. Adapt instruction to meet the learner needs of all students increasing the probability of advancing their achievement. Maintain positive inter-personal relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Teach the approved Summit School District curriculum based on lesson plans provided by the regular classroom teacher.
2. Implement the regular teacher's assigned responsibilities, plans and schedule.
3. Assess student work when appropriate and time permits.
4. Promote and maintain student behavior expectations conducive to learning, and maximizes learning time.
5. Prepare a summary report of work completed and the day's events for the regular teacher.
6. Complete the substitute report form.
7. Establish and demonstrate positive human relations with students, parents, other staff members, and the community.
8. Ensure the accuracy, completeness, confidentiality, and security of all student information.
9. Promote and maintain student behavior expectations conducive to learning and maximizing learning time.
10. Comply with District and School policies and procedures including meeting with assigned students at scheduled location and time.
11. Utilize the Substitute Absence Management/SAM system to accept/decline/manage his/her work and schedule in the capacity of a substitute teacher.
12. Ensure the accuracy, completeness, confidentiality, and security of all student information.
13. Comply with District and School policies and procedures.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Instructional Support > Substitute: Teachers Equal Opportunity Employer
Summit School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Trisha Forman
- 450 Sixth Street
- Frisco, Colorado 80443