1. Work independently to complete basic repairs and tasks in the areas of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, lighting, refrigeration, ground care and any other skill areas as needed.
2. Respond to emergency calls, determine nature of problem and see that the necessary repairs are completed. Carry emergency cell phone and respond to off-hour emergencies on a one-week rotating basis year-round.
3. Plan, organize and complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner including but not limited to, working with a computerized work order system.
4. Establish a positive working relationship with the appropriate vendors necessary for ordering parts, materials and supplies. Work with contractors to problem solve and repair District systems.
5. Operate heavy equipment as needed.
6. Maintain an accurate inventory of tools and equipment (in the shop and on assigned District vehicle) and keep tools in proper working order.
7. Work with, or independently of, the Maintenance Specialists and/or custodial staff and maintain a positive working relationship with all District personnel.
8. Plowing District properties as necessary, including operation of snow removal equipment, ensuring that properties are cleared of snow prior to opening of school (this would include starting at 3 or 4 AM to clear snow) and throughout the day.
9. Immediately inform the Facilities Manager of any known situation which may be hazardous to students, staff or public and the steps taken to resolve the issue.
10. Demonstrates the commitment to build and maintain a safe, fair and respectful working and learning environment that honors the cultural diversity of students and staff.
11. Perform other duties assigned by the Facilities Manager.
Job Categories: Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > Maintenance Equal Opportunity Employer
Summit School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Trisha Forman
- 450 Sixth Street
- Frisco, Colorado 80443