SUMMARY: Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the elementary school administrative office. Provide administrative assistance to the Principal, administrators, office and school staff and students by managing the school?s financial records and transactions through use of district information technology systems, answering/screening phone calls, preparing correspondence and other written communication, receiving and responding to inquiries and requests, coordinating meetings and events, supervising office staff, performing various personnel management functions, managing crisis situations, handling confidential information and other related duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time varies based on building assignment.
1. Perform financial duties, through the use of district information technology systems, for the school including monitoring school budget(s) and reporting variances to supervisor; maintaining bookkeeping-related databases; purchasing including P-cards; receiving, inventorying and delivering incoming shipments; collecting and counting monies for fundraisers, fines, fees and other activities; enter IC fees and generate contracts as need; preparing and making bank deposits; creating and submitting reports to Financial Services; reimbursements; reconciling school accounts and bank statements; handling bookkeeping for parent/school organizations; tracking grant proposals; and processing monthly budget reports.
2. Provide administrative/secretarial support to Principal, administrators and school staff with electronically update shared meeting documents, newsletters, handbooks, coordinating meetings; maintaining and updating master calendar for the school year; coordinating building use with the Facilities Use Department; creating and maintaining filing systems; distributing mail; issuing and tracking building keys; updating website and other related duties.
3. Greet, welcome and assist all staff, students, parents, community members, callers and visitors to the school. Answer phones, provide information, take and deliver messages and direct callers to appropriate individual. Assist visitors, answer inquiries, provide information and direct to appropriate school areas. Diffuse conflicts and/or difficult situations as needed in the school office. Monitor students sent to the school office for disciplinary reasons.
4. Monitor building visitors, visitor sign-in procedures and building activities including crisis situations such as building evacuations, lockdowns, emergency situations and safety procedures. May initiate crisis procedures in the administrator?s absence with direction from appropriate officials.
5. Monitor and coordinate office workflow including training and planning, assigning and directing work of assigned office staff; assisting with scheduling paraeducators and substitutes in the building; and developing, updating, communicating and implementing office and workroom procedures.
6. Perform personnel management functions, through use of district information technology systems, including review, approval and verification of reported time in district time and labor system. Prepare and analyze time and labor reports and complete paperwork for payment of stipends and other pay; maintaining and updating all personnel changes, and scheduling interviews. Monitor guest teacher requirements and assure coverage as needed. May assist in the employee evaluation process. Maintain confidentiality of all related data.
7. Provide back-up coverage to other positions, as necessary.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent.
? Post-secondary courses in business, office management, bookkeeping and/or office skills.
? Minimum of four years experience in clerical support positions. Office management experience preferred.
? Experience working with students preferred.
? Must successfully complete current district training for supervision of Classified Staff within 1 year of entering position.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
? District RN Medication and Procedure Delegation and Health Aide training may be required.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Categories : Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Bilingual Education
Classroom Teacher > Language: Spanish
Support Staff > Administrative Assistant
Support Staff > Receptionist Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241