SUMMARY: Ensure measurable improvement in and availability of instructional practices, research, and assessment systems that contribute to schools? instructional achievement for English Language Learners (ELLs). Collaborate with building and district leadership to develop understanding of effective ELL programming, English Language Development instructional practices, and effective content area scaffolding techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Develop, design, and adjust curriculum resources and tools that assist content teachers in supporting student mastery of content-specific standards. Collaborate with other district departments to increase knowledge of effective ELL practices in all content area instruction and intervention by meeting in small groups, one-on-one consultation, and professional development
2. Develop and facilitate ongoing, differentiated professional development for ELD practitioners, general education teachers, administrators, and special service providers regarding best practices in English language development, scaffolded instruction, district initiatives, and assessment (WIDA Screener/ACCESS).
3. Provide leadership in the development of ELD programming and scaffolded content instruction through data analysis of ELL performance and knowledge of current ELD research. Support schools with identification, placement, and annual progress monitoring of ELLs. Provide support to the assessment department with annual assessments including placement and annual language proficiency assessments.
4. Respond to teacher, school, parent, and community needs including informal requests regarding policies, procedures, and programming for ELL students.
5. Research and coordinate the selection of ELD instructional materials. Oversee the process for adopting instructional materials. Assist in data collection and analysis to monitor ELD programming and student academic success during and after receiving ELD services.
6. Collaborate with Special Populations departments to ensure equitable programming and continued academic progress for ELLs with specialized learning needs.
7. Conduct program reviews, develop new programs and/or courses, revise and implement curriculum frameworks as needed to align with National and State Framework changes. Inform administrators and teachers about changes, best first instruction in the delivery, pacing, and implementation of the resources that are chosen.
8. Maintain and develop professional skills and knowledge of ELL issues and techniques by attending district meetings, conferences, researching, networking, reading, and through continuing education.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? Master?s degree from an accredited college or university in language acquisition, culturally and linguistically diverse education or related field preferred.
? Minimum of five (5) years of experience in elementary or secondary education and experience as an ELL teacher.
? Bilingual in Spanish language preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Colorado Educator License with a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education (CLDE) endorsement required.
? Principal license preferred.
? Ability to travel among school locations.
A change in hiring practice now allows certified and classified internal applicants who are stipend eligible to receive either their Certified Compensation Stipend/Career Service Stipend if hired into a different employment group, such as administration. Please contact Jason Thompson in Human Resources with questions or for further information.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Classroom Teacher > ELL / ESL / SEI / TESOL
Classroom Teacher > English & Language Arts
State-level Positions > Coordinator Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241