SUMMARY: This is an entry-level position for all Nutrition Services school-based employees. Upon successful completion of cashier training and HACCP/Sanitation class, incumbents may become regular part-time employees. This trainee position assists with all aspects of food production and service of meals including cooking, line setup, replenishment, clean up and cash collection. Complies with Health Department Standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. Displays exceptional customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist in meal preparation and service by cooking, proportioning and setting up serving lines, condiment stand and fruit and vegetable bar. Maintain compliance with Health Department standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures, including Nutrition Services SOPs and employee expectations, and all applicable state and federal regulations in assigned school.
2. Serve, cashier, bath cook and/or wash dishes during meal service.
3. Clean equipment, utensils, pans, and all food preparation, serving and storage areas. Follow scheduled cleaning checklists.
4. Assist with processing of advanced payments from students/parents. Assist with preparation of end-of-day reports by counting cash. Attends department meetings and satisfy department, state and federal continuing education requirements as required.
5. Maintain records including, but not limited to, entering amount of food prepared, used and leftover on menu worksheets.
6. Store, date, and label leftover food; foster a team environment by assisting coworkers with scheduled work demands and perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
? Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
? One year work experience with preparation of large volume food preparation and/or cashiering preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
? Must meet minimum national professional standards and training requirements for school nutrition professionals who manage and operate the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs (currently 8 hours for Cook/Cashiers).
Job Category: Support Staff > Food Service Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241