Substitute Position Summary
This position is responsible for overseeing the students in the various classrooms and shops. No experience is necessary but can be helpful. Job Duties
Day-to-day job duties of a substitute are determined by the instructor or his/her designee, as they may vary depending upon the changing needs of the classroom(s), student(s), and/or CTC. Substitutes of any capacity are subject to daily reassignment, depending on the needs of the day. Qualifications and Required Documents
- Proof of a high school diploma or higher education
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Records check (Act 34) that is clean and less than 5 years old **
- A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance History (Act 151) that is clean and less than 5 years old **
- A FBI Criminal History Record that is clean and less than 5 years old **
- We recommend that you use our web links posted our website to be sure to get the correct clearances.
You can find those at the bottom, right hand corner of the Open Positions Page
- ** Nursing positions require one of the following active and valid certifications/license:
RN or LPN or EMT License
- Proof of a TB test or chest x-ray that is less than two years old
- 3 professional references (contact information) and/or letters
- A Resume
- Routing number and account number for direct deposit setup
- 2 Valid forms of Identification for I-9. Click here for acceptable forms.
- A valid, working email address -- not a college or university address for those will expire! If you do not have a valid email address, it is recommended that you set up for example a Hotmail or GMail email account. This is how all future communications from STS will reach you.
- In accordance with PA Act 168 of 2014, a list of all current and past employers, including contact information, for all jobs held where you have or had direct contact with children.
** Please note: clearances cannot be older than 5 years however, some districts may require new clearances that are less than 1 year old!If you have taken any mandated training for Act 126 (Mandated Reporting) and/or Act 71 (Suicide Prevention), please provide proof of training-preferably a certificate of completion. Please include any additional certificates for specialized training (i.e. Crisis Prevention Intervention). Essential Functions
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position may vary in nature due to changes in schedule, student or school needs.
• Follow all plans and materials left by the instructor.
• Assists students as needed.
• Implements behavior management programs designed by instructor and/or school. Counts and records specific student behaviors.
• Monitors student use of equipment. Substitutes are not permitted
to use equipement unless express permission is given by the school administration.
•Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected in the classroom teachers.
• Assists with student supervision in regards to:
- Emergency drills.
- Use of equipment where permitted
• Must practice in accordance with the Substitute Teacher Service, Inc. Handbook policies, and school policies.Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function outlined above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
• Ability to quickly trail any student that elopes
• Moderate lifting from 15-35 pounds
• Moving of various items - up to 30 pounds
• Manual dexterity to use office equipmentOther Physical Requirements
• Ability to write legibly
• Vision (Near, Color, Depth Perception)
• Sense of Sound (Ability to hear fire alarms, bells, and PA system)
• Sense of Touch
• Ability to speak clearly and distinctlyWork Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Environment
• Work is performed in all areas of school buildings, grounds, vehicles, and/or any area in which a district activity or function is taking place.
• Exposed to varying degrees of temperature relative to the conditions occurring in nature outside.Emotional Environment
• The ability to work with students and adults displaying a variety of emotions including, but not limited to, joy, happiness, sorrow, fear, anger and aggression in controlled, uncontrolled and unpredictable situations.At your interview, we will take a photo of you for an ID badge. Please dress appropriately.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You must bring all official, original documents to your interview. Original, official documents that have been altered in any way will not be accepted.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Contact Information
- Substitute Teacher Services
- 2901 Dutton Mill Road
- 2nd Floor, Suite 200
- Aston, Pennsylvania 19014