SUMMARY: Responsible for writing IEPs/Behavior Intervention Plans, IEP amendments, transfer IEPs, and related
special education documents in accordance to special education timelines. Responsible for conducting observations of
student behaviors, data collection, and developing intervention plans to address student behaviors and needs.
1. Facilitates/Participates in IEP meetings related to initial IEPs, IEP reviews, behavior plans, and placement.
2. Monitors students, documents student behaviors, conducts observations and data collection.
3. Develops and implements IEPs and behavior intervention plans.
4. Uses verbal de-escalation/CPI techniques to redirect students.
5. Acts as a liaison between the school and the community.
6. Collaborates with teaching staff and support staff to help ensure a safe and positive learning environment.
7. Counsels/advises students and parents.
8. Communicates effectively with personnel from mental health agencies, hospitals, facilities, and/or institutions.
9. Manages the school IEP case management file for all students.
10. Facilitates/Participates in meetings with teachers and intervention assistants.
11. Assists teachers with the compilation of student portfolios and alternate assessments.
12. Performs other duties as directed by the principal.
? Possess the appropriate special education license or certificate
? Previous experience as a special education teacher
? Previous experience working with mental health agency personnel is beneficial.
Excellent interpersonal skills required as well as the ability to motivate and engage students. Must be able to articulate
the mission and vision of the school and district. Strong organizational skills required. Strong written and oral
communication skills are essential. Must be able to work independently and take the initiative to perform duties. The
effective use of technology is expected. Must be an advocate for special education students and families.
Job Category: Special Education > Behavior Specialist / EBD Contact Information
- Rick Bailey
- 270 E STATE ST
- Columbus, Ohio 43215-4312