We are creating excelling schools where there is a laser-like focus on the Essential Elements of Instruction and moving each student to the next academic level.POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Highly Qualified and Certified teacher, to provide supplemental support to students in the instructional setting and to maintain accurate and detailed records for the Title One Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES/KNOWLEDGE/ WORK STYLE:
- Implements lesson plans provided by the Highly Qualified Teacher to help the students meet their instructional objectives;
- Evaluates student progress by monitoring computer records and charting;
- Grades written assignments using teacher editions and answer keys;
- Keeps daily records of students' written work, attendance and behaviors;
- Complies with all rules, regulations and policies of the Governing Board.
- Ability to relate well to both students and adults;
- Ability to understand and provide supplementary help to students in Math, Science, English and Social Studies;
- Demonstrate ability to maintain accurate and detailed records;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints;
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Must demonstrate flexibility, common sense, and good judgment;
- Must demonstrate an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information;
- Completes assigned tasks and projects in a competent and timely fashion;
- Conscientiously fulfills responsibilities and follows directives by meeting deadlines;
- Communicates effectively with the immediate supervisor and other administrators;
- Responds promptly to questions and requests and seeks assistance when appropriate;
- Must be a team player and get along well with others;
- Develops positive working relationships with school staffs and district office staff;
- Must maintain well-groomed appearance;
- Demonstrates a personal professional code of ethics;
- Must be able to comply with District's attendance standards as described in established guidelines;
- The District reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary.
- Other job related duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Supervises students to ensure safe and orderly environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a High School diploma or GED in addition to Education/Experience below;
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance and background check or maintain a current Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must have 60 college credit hours, Associates Degree or a Paraprofessional Certificate;
- Knowledge of computer terminology, hardware and software;
- One year related experience or training;
- Previous experience in an educational setting preferred.
- Excellent written and oral language skills;
- Must use appropriate grammar;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Must have legible handwriting.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- Able to read and interpret a variety of instructions and data furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Regularly required to sit, stand and reach with hands and arms, talk or hear and taste or smell;
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Must be able to walk, and climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch;
- May regularly lift and /or move up to 20 pounds;
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job;
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Annual evaluation by School Principal or designee in accordance with Board Policy.COMMENTS:
The employee in this position must be able to plan and work independently and with a wide variety of students. Social skills such as patience, cheerfulness and empathy are very important. Accuracy of records is also essential. Hours may vary according to the assignment designated by the supervisor.
This job description is intended to be representative of the work performed by employees in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities as defined by the supervisor. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Wickenburg Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Wickenburg Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.
Job Category : Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Erin Johnson
- 40 West Yavapai Street
- Wickenburg, Arizona 85390