SUMMARY: Assist students in Specialized Programs by providing specialized individualized instruction; including academic support, monitoring behaviors, functional life skills in a Title I designated school. Assists student in maintaining personal health and hygiene functions; assists students to and from classes and bus stops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide support in general education setting in order for students to fully participate in class activities. Assists students in Specialized Programs by tutoring, adapting work and monitoring and enforcing social and acceptable behavior. May assist with administer testing or assessments. Assists instructor with related paperwork. Implement specialized therapy programs; work directly with therapists on physical progress and Individualized Education Plans (IEP).
2. Assist special needs students in performing daily routines, including getting to and from class and bus stops, using toilets, diapering, feeding, medical needs and personal hygiene, including working with tracheotomies, feeding tubes, and catherization. Support behavior plan implementation.
3. Sanitize, disinfect and clean learning environment and general work area of all bodily fluids.
4. Facilitates and encourages speech and language development through the use of alternate communication systems such as sign language or voice activated computer systems.
5. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent.
? Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
? Must meet one of the following requirements, which are:
o AA or 2 year college degree, OR
o Completion of 48 college semesters hours, OR
o Passing of state CDE approved paraprofessional examination, OR
o Complete Personal Commitment Plan to meet requirements within a defined timeline
? Willingness to work with students receiving special education services (training opportunities provided).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
? CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
? Universal Precautions training required within 3 months after entering position.
? CPI/Safety Care training certification required within 3 months after entering position
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241