Job Description Job Title: Coordinator of Social and Emotional Learning Reports to: Executive Director Primary Role and Purpose:
The Coordinatior of Social and Emotional Learning assists both schools in connecting community functions, related services and resources needed for students. , but not limited to enrollment, family resources/education/retention, student supports as it relates to community/college connections and outreach programming. The director will plan, attend, and implement specific activities related to the aforementioned functions. The director will be required to travel occasionally and must have access to consistent, reliable transportation. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Communication and Outreach:
- Assist in the planning, organization, and implementation of school recruitment efforts and events.
- Assist in managing the school enrollment system and serve as the direct coordinator for ensuring families have guidance through the enrollment process.
- Ensure the school meets its targeted enrollment capacity for the upcoming school year.
- Assist in the planning, organization and implementation of student and family retention efforts and events.
- Research and implement programs focused on the social, emotional, developmental, and behavioral well-being and growth of students and families.
- Manage the school's Parent Resource Center and organize partnerships that will provide families assistance and foster growth.
- Coordinates volunteer programs for parent/legal guardian and other individuals as assigned for the purpose of assisting in improving parent/legal guardian involvement and enhancing student success.
- Supervise staff identified as home liaisons to ensure home visits are completed as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of enhancing student success, increasing parent/legal guardian understanding and/or ensuring safety of students and/or personnel.
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports and written materials for the purpose of communicating information to parents, staff and students; providing written support, developing recommendations and/or conveying information.
- Refers students and parents to outside agencies for the purpose of meeting the needs of the students in conjunction with the school social worker and guidance counselor.
- Create and maintain parent communications and update website weekly with events in conjunction with the technology director.
- Work in collaboration with the school counselor and social worker and serve on the RTI team for Social Emotional Supports.
- Attend problem solving meetings for RTI Social Emotional Supports.
- Serves as liaison to parents/legal guardians and students for the purpose of removing barriers to student success in school.
- Support college and career staff in the work of ensuring each student completes Quest's college readiness expectations.
- Performs and completes other tasks, duties, and responsibilities as designated by Executive Director.
- Facilitate parent-school communications and events.
- Facilitate community agency referrals and connect families in collaboration with the social worker and counselor.
- Encourage parent involvement in the school.
- Supervise home liaison staff.
- Foster trust between parents and the educational community
- Foster higher academic achievement through collaboration with school personnel.
- Develop parent academies and hold quarterly parent events at each building.
- Work with the parent organization to relaunch the PTO and Parent Advisory at Quest Charter Academy.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of community partnership relationships.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of college and university relationships and opportunities.
- Maintain website.
Strong communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong technology skills
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance given
Pass state required TB test Desirable Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling or social work
Minimum of two years counseling experience or family outreach in an educational setting
Experience in managing websites
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Special Education > Emotionally Disabled Contact Information
- Nicole Wood
- 2612 N. Bootz Ave
- Peoria, Illinois 61604