School Social Worker - Autism Program
Start Date: November 1, 2019
Master's Degree RequiredFull approval as a school social worker or eligible for approvalValid Michigan Social Work license
- Provide direct therapy and/or intervention/problem solving services for students and families, individually or as a group.
- Uses data based decision making to assist in a problem-solving model to deal with student behavioral concerns in order to improve academic achievement and behavior
- Collaborate with principals, staff members, and parents/guardians to assist students in making academic and behavioral progress.
- Reviews, analyzes, and revises implementation plans and interventions.
- Maintain awareness of student and family growth and problem areas through observation in class and at home, staffing, and consultation with teachers and other staff, and consultation with parents and outside agencies.
- Serve as liaison to school personnel, families and agencies regarding intervention strategies, management, programming student needs and program needs
- Provides analysis and interpretation of information and data in oral and written reports.
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Comply with Medicaid billing procedures.
- Comply with district policies and procedures.
- Prepare for and participate in IEP/IFSP process
- Effectively participate in meetings, committees, staffing and other required district and building activities in a positive manner
- Effectively plan and organize duties as well as personal work environment
- Facilitate communication between building classrooms and Community Mental Health and/or Child Protective Services
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Supervisor of Autism Programs
Terms of Employment: In accordance with the master agreement
Date Posted: October 17, 2019
Job Category: Student Services > Social Worker Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Lynda Hurlow
- 711 St. Joseph Avenue
- Berrien Springs, Michigan 49103