Reports to: Transportation Manager
Employment Information: Part-time, 10-month bargaining unit position
- Current and valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- S-endorsement on driver license.
- 3 years driving experience (including personal and professional).
- At least 21 years of age.
- Current and valid driver's license.
- No convictions of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) within 15 years.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 36 months.
- No more than 2 accidents (verified by corresponding violation or points associated with accident) within the past 36 months.
- Ability to complete a FTA/DOT mandated physical examination or an approved state-specific physical for non-DOT driving position.
- Willingness to comply with FTA/DOT substance abuse regulations and testing requirements.
- Willing to work a part-time schedule.
- Transport students to and from school, following a pre-planned route according to a definite time schedule (AM & PM routes).
- Following all traffic and safety regulations to the letter.
- Maintain discipline and safety on the bus for students and staff.
- Instructs children in safety precautions and practices.
- Provide assistance to students on and off the bus in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Complete all pre- and post-trip inspections and report any mechanical problems immediately.
- Promptly report delays and accidents.
- Participate in all school bus safety drills/fire drills.
- Distribute notes and information to parents as directed by the Transportation Department.
- Assist the Bus Monitor in reporting morning and afternoon attendances.
- Report any inappropriate activities or behaviors that may occur while transporting children (Incident Report).
- Successfully complete annual re-certification of CPR & First Aid training.
- Maintain and update all bus licenses and certifications.
- Keep assigned bus clean and fueled.
- Be willing to work and communicate well with children, staff and parents who are deaf.
- Position Type: Part-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Job Requirements Contact Information
- Joel Skleton
- 100 W School House Lane
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19144