This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available. TitleTitle Code
Curriculum and Instruction
191-DayReports To (title only)Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Teaches individuals or groups instrumental or vocal music, K-12. Plans daily classroom work based on teaching outline prepared for course of study to meet curriculum requirements. Evaluates student's interests, aptitudes, temperament, and individual characteristics to determine suitable instrument for beginner. Instructs students in basic harmony and melody and provides individual music lessons. Conducts orchestra rehearsals and coaches members in their individual orchestra parts. Instructs and trains choral groups in fundamentals of musicianship and ensemble singing. Leads orchestra and choral groups in regular and special performances for school programs, community activities, concerns and festivals.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Plans, prepares and presents lesson plans, assignments, and instructional materials to students in an appropriate fashion.
2. Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
3. Lectures, demonstrates and uses audio-visual teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
4. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of children.
5. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
6. Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
7. Keeps attendance and grade records as required by Board Policy/Administrative Regulation.
8. Prepares, administers and corrects tests, and records results.
9. Counsels pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise.
10. Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
11. Serves on special committees.
12. Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings; and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .Education
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.Experience
• NoneKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of materials in field of specialization. Knowledge of current trends and research in field of specialization.
• Ability to speak and write effectively.
• Ability to deal effectively with students, staff and parents.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in technical areas of instruction.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook and/or PowerPoint preferred).
• 8. Satisfactory score on any test required.Licenses/Certifications
• Eligible for Maryland State Board of Education professional certificate appropriate to area of assignment.Career Ladder Requirements
• N/APhysical Requirements
• As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.Established: 1/1/2015
Job Categories: Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Instrumental Welcome to Anne Arundel County Public Schools!
Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) provides a challenging and rewarding educational experience for every child. We offer a comprehensive system-wide multicultural curriculum from kindergarten through 12th grade. At every level, the focus is on success for every student. Quality instruction, combined with teacher commitment, provides excellence in our instructional programs. Explore career opportunities with a progressive school system dedicated to providing the very best services to our students, our educators, and our community. Located on the magnificent Chesapeake Bay, Anne Arundel County is conveniently located near the cities of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is home to the state capitol, Annapolis, which has a rich historical past. Notable landmarks include the United State Naval Academy, Fort George G. Meade, the National Security Agency, and Baltimore Washington International Airport. The county encompasses urban, suburban, and rural areas, with 432 miles of tidal shoreline. Fine dining, state parks, major cultural attractions, the best in entertainment and professional sports are within easy access to our central location.
AACPS offers: Competitive Salary and Benefits Outstanding Right Start Mentor Program for New Teachers Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education Opportunities for Advancement in the Education Field Exemplary Special Education Programs Rigorous Advanced Placement Coursework for Students Learn more about us... Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 2644 Riva Road
- Annapolis, Maryland 21401
- Phone: 410-222-5061
- Fax: 443-458-0134
- Email: click here