This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available. TitleTitle Code
Teacher ScaleReports To (title only)Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Provides physical therapy services to students of Anne Arundel County Public Schools that comply with state, federal, Board of Education policies and procedures in order to protect and promote the health and functional independence of students to facilitate their access to educational programming.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Selects and administers appropriate assessment tools to evaluate students' functional abilities and needs in relevant educational environments in order to contribute to student education plans. Willingness to instruct staff in their administration and relevance to school-based service.
2. Interprets and reports results of assessments verbally and in writing to all stakeholders through the IEP team process.
3. Uses clinical knowledge and student assessment data to collaborate with the school team in the development of student education plans.
4. Recommends appropriate service to support the educational plan (therapy service and method of delivering service)
5. Develops effective data collection tools needed to monitor and document student's progress Reports regularly on functioning to support skill generalization within the school setting
6. Develops and implements intervention strategies to facilitate student participation in the educational program.
7. Selects appropriate adaptive materials or equipment as needed to support school access and/or participation in the educational program. Trains students and/or teams in their use.
8. Maintains current documentation of service delivery that meets requirements of state licensing board.
9. Manages a caseload and conveys essential information to colleagues/team members to ensure effectiveness and continuity of services
10. Provides supervision of paraprofessional and clerical personnel as needed
11. Ensures compliance with the IEP team approved service delivery plan for all identified students. Complete related service logs in compliance with MSDE's State Performance Plan.
12. Performs other related duties as required.Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .Education
• Must be eligible for licensure as a Physical Therapist from the Maryland State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.Experience
• School-based physical therapy experience preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the special education process and curricula of the schools in Anne Arundel County.
• Knowledge of school organization and administration, with special emphasis on teaching techniques of Physical therapy.
• Knowledge of current trends and research.
• Ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents, community agencies and the public.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
• Ability to employ business technology tools (e.g. E-mail, AACPS Intranet, electronic benefits enrollment tool, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
• Job requires direct in-person provision of service, therefore punctual, regular and predictable attendance is essential.Licenses/Certifications
• See Education
• Hold or be eligible for a National Provider Identifier (NPI) issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) and must be actively enrolled in Maryland Medicaid. Employee not holding NPI or Maryland Medicaid enrollment upon hire must apply for NPI within 10 days of employment and Maryland Medicaid immediately upon receipt of NPI. Employee must retain active NPI and Maryland Medicaid enrollment as a condition of employment.
• Possession of motor vehicle operator's license and have a car at his/her disposal.Career Ladder Requirements
• N/APhysical Requirements
• As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.Established: 1/1/2007
Job Categories: Special Education > Physical Therapist
Student Services > Physical Therapist Welcome to Anne Arundel County Public Schools!
Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) provides a challenging and rewarding educational experience for every child. We offer a comprehensive system-wide multicultural curriculum from kindergarten through 12th grade. At every level, the focus is on success for every student. Quality instruction, combined with teacher commitment, provides excellence in our instructional programs. Explore career opportunities with a progressive school system dedicated to providing the very best services to our students, our educators, and our community. Located on the magnificent Chesapeake Bay, Anne Arundel County is conveniently located near the cities of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is home to the state capitol, Annapolis, which has a rich historical past. Notable landmarks include the United State Naval Academy, Fort George G. Meade, the National Security Agency, and Baltimore Washington International Airport. The county encompasses urban, suburban, and rural areas, with 432 miles of tidal shoreline. Fine dining, state parks, major cultural attractions, the best in entertainment and professional sports are within easy access to our central location.
AACPS offers: Competitive Salary and Benefits Outstanding Right Start Mentor Program for New Teachers Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education Opportunities for Advancement in the Education Field Exemplary Special Education Programs Rigorous Advanced Placement Coursework for Students Learn more about us... Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 2644 Riva Road
- Annapolis, Maryland 21401
- Phone: 410-222-5061
- Fax: 443-458-0134
- Email: click here