This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available. TitleTitle Code
Curriculum and Instruction
Teacher ScaleReports To (title only)Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Provides for instruction of students by developing, selecting, and modifying instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of students. Supervise students in a variety of school-related settings and activities. Prepares, administers and corrects assessments. Evaluates student performance, develops and implements plans to improve performance. Maintains required records and follows required procedures and practices.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Plans, prepares and presents lessons, assignments and instructional materials to students in an appropriate manner.
2. Provides instruction that includes but is not limited to: computer literacy, computer maintenance, and digital citizenship.
3. Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
4. Selects and uses appropriate instructional strategies to include lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
5. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to effective learning and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
6. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
7. Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
8. Keeps attendance and grade records as required by Board Policy Administrative Regulation.
9. Prepares, administers and corrects evaluations and assessments, and records results.
10. Counsels pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise.
11. Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
12. May serve on special committees.
13. Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings; and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods.
14. Evaluates student progress using appropriate assessment techniques.
15. Improves skill and knowledge base in current trends, research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, problem solving and interdisciplinary connections.
16. Employs provided electronic tools for grade reporting (e.g. Power Teacher GradeBook), leave reporting (e.g. SmartFind Express), and parent communication (e.g. Parent Connect), etc.
17. Employs instructional technology hardware such as document cameras, presents and SmartBoards, etc. when provided.
18. Supports the student organization of computer science and cyber security related clubs and events.
19. Takes all necessary safe precautions to protect students and materials of instruction.
20. Performs other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .Education
• Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university.Experience
• NoneKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of school organization, goals and objectives with special emphasis on teaching techniques.
• Knowledge of materials in field of specialization. Knowledge of current trends and research in field of specialization.
• Ability to infuse modern technology & software into the classroom
• Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
• Ability to speak and write effectively.
• Ability to deal effectively with students, staff and parents.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in technical areas of instruction
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to employ business technology tools (e.g. email, AACPS intranet, the electronic benefits enrollment tool, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
• Demonstrated proficiency with basic computer programming concepts in one or more languages (Java, Python, C++ etc.
• Knowledge of operating systems and networking fundamentals.Licenses/Certifications
• Hold or be eligible for a Maryland State Board of Education professional teaching certificate appropriate to area of assignment.Career Ladder Requirements
• N/APhysical Requirements
• As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.Established: 5/1/2019
Job Categories: Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: General Welcome to Anne Arundel County Public Schools!
Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) provides a challenging and rewarding educational experience for every child. We offer a comprehensive system-wide multicultural curriculum from kindergarten through 12th grade. At every level, the focus is on success for every student. Quality instruction, combined with teacher commitment, provides excellence in our instructional programs. Explore career opportunities with a progressive school system dedicated to providing the very best services to our students, our educators, and our community. Located on the magnificent Chesapeake Bay, Anne Arundel County is conveniently located near the cities of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is home to the state capitol, Annapolis, which has a rich historical past. Notable landmarks include the United State Naval Academy, Fort George G. Meade, the National Security Agency, and Baltimore Washington International Airport. The county encompasses urban, suburban, and rural areas, with 432 miles of tidal shoreline. Fine dining, state parks, major cultural attractions, the best in entertainment and professional sports are within easy access to our central location.
AACPS offers: Competitive Salary and Benefits Outstanding Right Start Mentor Program for New Teachers Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education Opportunities for Advancement in the Education Field Exemplary Special Education Programs Rigorous Advanced Placement Coursework for Students Learn more about us... Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 2644 Riva Road
- Annapolis, Maryland 21401
- Phone: 410-222-5061
- Fax: 443-458-0134
- Email: click here