This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available. TitleTitle Code
191-DayReports To (title only)Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Provides leadership in the compliance of federally and state mandated Special Education procedures for students with disabilities. This includes organizing, chairing and regularly monitoring IEP team meetings, in servicing staff on compliance/legal issues involved in the IEP team process, reviewing staff generated documents (IEPs and assessments), assisting with case management and investigation of cases, as appropriate, and coordinating the provision of extended school year servicesEssential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Organizes, chairs and collects data on the Department's compliance of the IEP team process/timelines.
2. Supervises the Special Education Department in the selection and administration of assessment tools to evaluate students' functional abilities / present levels of performance.
3. Reviews and provides feedback on academic assessment reports drafted by staff.
4. Facilitates IEP team meetings, including the active engagement of all members.
5. Supports the development of IEPs through the review of IEP documents and academic assessment reports prior to sending the documents to the family.
6. Supervises the maintenance of a school-based data base.
7. Coordinates the Division of Special Education/MSDE's compliance review activities, when appropriate, as part of a System Audit or School Instructional Review.
8. Addresses the need for ESY regularly at IEP team meetings and coordinates implementation with the Division's ESY office.
9. Assists the Special Education Department Chairperson in the conveying of procedures, vision and priorities of the school community, Division of Special Education and AACPS.
10. Assists with staff development for general educators to meet the needs of students with special needs.
11. Provides technical assistance, parental outreach on the IEP team process/county special education procedures.
12. Provides technical assistance and staff development on the Tienet program.
13. Supports the identification of mastery objectives/baselines for students eligible for Alt-MSA.
14. Collects pertinent documentation for students eligible for Alt-MSA.
15. Performs other related duties as required.Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .Education
• Master's degree or Master's equivalent.Experience
• Three (3) years as a special educator.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstration of leadership qualities.
• Knowledge of the special education process and curricula of the schools in Anne Arundel County desirable.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form with professional colleagues, staff, students, parents and attorneys.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communication with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Tienet preferred).
• Job requires direct in-person provision of service, therefore punctual, regular and predictable attendance is essential.Licenses/Certifications
• Eligible for certification in special education or related field as defined by MSDE requirements.Career Ladder Requirements
• N/APhysical Requirements
• As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.Established: 7/1/2007Welcome to Anne Arundel County Public Schools!
Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) provides a challenging and rewarding educational experience for every child. We offer a comprehensive system-wide multicultural curriculum from kindergarten through 12th grade. At every level, the focus is on success for every student. Quality instruction, combined with teacher commitment, provides excellence in our instructional programs. Explore career opportunities with a progressive school system dedicated to providing the very best services to our students, our educators, and our community. Located on the magnificent Chesapeake Bay, Anne Arundel County is conveniently located near the cities of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is home to the state capitol, Annapolis, which has a rich historical past. Notable landmarks include the United State Naval Academy, Fort George G. Meade, the National Security Agency, and Baltimore Washington International Airport. The county encompasses urban, suburban, and rural areas, with 432 miles of tidal shoreline. Fine dining, state parks, major cultural attractions, the best in entertainment and professional sports are within easy access to our central location.
AACPS offers: Competitive Salary and Benefits Outstanding Right Start Mentor Program for New Teachers Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education Opportunities for Advancement in the Education Field Exemplary Special Education Programs Rigorous Advanced Placement Coursework for Students Learn more about us... Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 2644 Riva Road
- Annapolis, Maryland 21401
- Phone: 410-222-5061
- Fax: 443-458-0134
- Email: click here