Bethel School District is seeking qualified applicants for a Custodian I Sub Pool for the 2020-21 school year. Hours and days will vary, depending on the program and the facility.
Bethel Schools are committed to creating safe, caring, mutually respectful environments where all students are honored and valued for their diverse cultural backgrounds, strengths and abilities in every instructional practice and school activity to support academic achievement and student success. Nature of Work
A Custodian I is responsible for cleaning the inside of buildings, outside walls, and other facilities of Bethel School District, performing minor maintenance, moving furniture and school equipment, and a variety of related tasks as assigned. Work requires the safe mixing and applying of cleaning chemicals. Shift work may be required, including working evening or graveyard shifts . Physical strength and agility are required to operate cleaning, waxing, and other equipment, and to safely lift and carry furniture when necessary to perform custodial tasks. Examples of Work
These duties are illustrative only. Other duties may be assigned .
- Sweeps and mops floors using hand and power equipment; empties trash containers; strips floors; applies wax and polishes floors; washes walls and windows; cleans and sanitizes restrooms and replenishes supplies; and arranges school desks and furniture.
- Vacuums and shampoos carpets; replaces or re-glues tiles and molding.
- As part of a custodial crew or individually, sets up tables, chairs and bleachers for athletic events, school meals, school dances and other school activities; puts away furniture and cleans the room, gym, stadium, theater or other facility.
- Performs minor building maintenance and grounds work; uses a step ladder in a safe and proper manner to replace light bulbs; sweeps and hoses down outside sidewalks; picks up paper and debris on school grounds.
- Opens, closes, unlocks and locks windows, classroom doors, and building doors as required for security; maintains equipment used in the course of work and turns off lights left on.
- As part of a summer custodial crew, and individually, paints interior walls, doors and woodwork; washes furniture and assists in the complete cleaning of school buildings.
- Ability to learn to use and operate in a safe and proper manner, janitorial equipment, tools and chemical cleaning solutions such as a buffer, wet-dry vacuum, wax board, mop and broom.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply oral and written instructions.
- Physical strength and agility to operate power custodial equipment safely and to lift and carry furniture and other equipment safely using proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to complete assigned duties on schedule and to work well with others or independently.
- Ability to work irregular hours or shift work.
- Ability to maintain an appropriate and legal level of confidentiality regarding students, staff, and other individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, administrators, parents, and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable and prompt attendance.
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous experience performing the full range of custodial duties including the operation of hand and power equipment, and the safe and proper mixing and applying of cleaning chemicals. Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work may be substituted for the required experience.
For information regarding this position, please email Jason Betterley
, Maintenance Supervisor for Bethel School District.
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration. CLOSING DATE
: Open until filled Bethel School District 52 complies with provisions of the various civil rights laws, such as the Fair Employment Practices Act, Title IX regulations, and Section 504 of PL93.112 in employment and educational programs and activities. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT The Bethel School District, an equal opportunity employer, complies with provisions of the various civil rights laws, such as the Fair Employment Practice Act, Title IX Regulations and Section 504 of PL 93.112 in employment and educational programs and activities. The District is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act amendments of 1989. Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Disabled persons may contact Remie Calalang, HR Director, at (541) 689-3280 for additional information or assistance. POSITIONS AVAILABLE PLEASE POST IMMEDIATELY
4640 Barger Drive, Eugene, OR 97402 l Phone: (541) 689-3280 l Fax: (541) 689-0719 l www.bethel.k12.or.us
Job Categories : Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Jill Busby , Board Secretary
- 4640 Barger Drive
- Eugene, Oregon 97402