Reports to: Building Principal, Head Custodian, Director of Maintenance and Custodial SUMMARY:
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to learn, play and developDUTIES:
- Keeps building/premises, including sidewalks, driveways and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Shovel, plow and sand walkways, driveways, parking areas and steps as appropriate.
- Sweeps classrooms daily, dusts furniture and spot/wet mops as needed.
- Cleans corridors after school each day.
- Scrubs, hoses down, disinfects toilet floors daily. Cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Washes all windows on both the inside and out at least 2 times/year. More frequently if necessary.
- Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
- Performs such yardkeeping chores as grass cutting, tree trimming and the like, as necessary, to maintain the school grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
- Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
- Cleans all chalkboards at least once a week.
- Makes such minor building repairs, as he/she is capable of.
- Reports major repairs needed to the Head Custodian or Maintenance Director
- Reports immediately to the Head Custodian any damage to school property.
- Remains on the school premises at all times during school hours, and during nonschool hours when his attendance is required by the Building Principal.
- Assumes responsibility, before leaving, that all doors/windows are secured and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
- Checks and replaces all light bulbs/tubes
- Moves furniture/equipment within buildings as required for various activities as directed by the Building Principal, Maintenance Director or Head Custodian.
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage/disposal of trash, rubbish and waste
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass physical exam
- Must demonstrate aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Custodian Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Heather Crane
- 501 N Main Street
- Herscher, Illinois 60941