Colorado River Union High School District is seeking a highly qualified Homebound Teacher.
We are seeking teachers who are excited to create an inspiring and nurturing environment that prioritizes student learning and engagement.
Our district office is located in Bullhead City, Arizona with schools located in Bullhead City and Mohave Valley. Situated in Mohave County, we are within easy access to the Colorado River, Davis Dam, Grand Canyon National Park, the London Bridge, Hoover Dam, the Havasu National Wildlife Refuge, as well as many other natural wonders. We enjoy beautiful weather and nearly continuous sunshine year round, which contributes to the fast rate of growth in the tri-state area.
We are also quite proud of our strong educational programs, outstanding teachers and staff, dedicated administrators, and motivated students. Academically we incorporate the Renaissance Program that encourages, recognizes and rewards excellent performance by students and staff. We are very proud of our student body, and this program translates that pride into meaningful, tangible rewards for those who improve and excel.This position requires certification by the Arizona Department of Education.Position Open for the 2019-2020 School Year QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree or higher
Current Teacher certification with appropriate endorsements as set by the Arizona Department of Education.
Positive recommendations from past employers and/or training institutions.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.REPORTS TO:
To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible adults. To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the student.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning abilities and/or problems of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Assists administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Principal.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.Job Type: Part-time, flex schedule 2-6 hours per weekSalary: $30.00 an hourExperience: 1 year (preferred)Contact Information
- Barb Shannon
- 1004 HANCOCK RD
- BULLHEAD CITY, Arizona 86442