Position is responsible for performing a variety of landscaping and grounds maintenance. Essential Duties
Inspects and maintains the ground, cleans areas and assists with landscaping by cleaning sidewalks, mowing lawns, trimming trees and shrubs, raking, shoveling and removal of debris and/or snow.Operates and maintains all assigned mowing equipment, vehicles and trailers to include checking fluid levels, refueling, checking tire pressure, cleaning, adjusting and greasing.Prompt and regular attendance at work.Completes work orders assigned by supervisorPerforms any other related duties as assigned by the Landscape Shop Foreman or other appropriate administrators/supervisor.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly exposed to loud noise levels; fumes or airborne particles from engine exhaust; outside weather conditions; wet and /or humid conditions; and extreme heat and/or cold. The employee is required to walk; sit; stand; and bend, twist, squat/crouch.Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds; constantly grip up to 50 pounds. At times employee is required to lift push/pull up to 100 pounds.Duties are typically performed outdoors in a ground maintenance environment with some work indoors when performing maintenance on equipment.Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.) Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Must possess a high school diploma (GED) and some experience in ground maintenance/horticulture activities; or any equivalent combination of education combination of education and experience that would provide the noted knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess basic knowledge of safety procedures, pruning methods and standard practices/terminology of the trade.
- Must possess basic working knowledge of, and the ability to safely operate all hand tools and power equipment used in ground maintenance activities.
- Must possess working knowledge and skills in the operation and repair of landscape equipment.
- Must possess a valid Virginia Driver's License with a good driving record.
Job Category: Career Education > Landscaping Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Leslie Rogers, Human Resource Supervisor
- 12507 Warwick Boulevard
- Newport News, Virginia 23606