SUMMARY: Responsible for implementing repairs, troubleshooting and performing preventive maintenance on indoor lighting systems, electrical systems and apparatus, main power distribution systems and panel boards, outdoor facility lighting, construction projects, kitchen equipment and HVAC systems. Respond to emergency power failures and emergency back-up systems. Monitor and test various electrical systems. Implement inspection of contractor performed work in renovations and new construction projects. Locate electrical underground wiring for various projects. Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Journey Electrician License.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Implement repairs on indoor lighting systems including hallways, classrooms and gyms.
2. Implement maintenance repair and troubleshooting for electrical systems and apparatus.
3. Implement preventive maintenance inspections and repairs in all district facilities.
4. Implement repairing power to all main power distribution systems and panel boards.
5. Implement repair on all outdoor facility lighting including signs, parking areas and security lighting.
6. Implement installation of electrical services for construction projects such as computer labs, power upgrades, mobile classrooms, parking lot and field lighting installation.
7. Respond to emergency power failures and emergency back-up systems. Monitor and test various electrical systems.
8. Implement inspection and repair on outdoor lighting systems including stadium and ball field lighting. Implement underground electrical locates for various projects. Repair voltage lines for all HVAC systems.
9. Implement repairs on line voltage of kitchen equipment including dishwashers, booster heaters, disposals and freezers.
10. Coordinate inspections for contractor performed work in renovations and new construction projects.
11. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent.
? Courses required to meet Colorado state regulations for a Journey Electrical License.
? Minimum of three (3) years of experience in electrical installation, construction, maintenance and preventive maintenance.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
? Valid Colorado driver?s license.
? Valid State of Colorado Journey Electrician License.
? Completion of district safety training.
? Successful completion of Colorado Department of Agriculture?s Basic Pesticide online training required within 6 months of hire.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Categories : Career Education > Industrial Electrician
Support Staff > Maintenance Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241