SUMMARY: Directs the operation of the elementary 21st Century Community Learning Center Program that offers after school and summer programming activities. Duties include recruiting, monitoring and managing student enrollment, attendance, safety, discipline and staff-to-child ratio; supervising staff ,volunteers and service providers; implement age-appropriate and educational activities for students; conducting staff meetings; participating in site director meetings; managing budget-related items; completing required forms for students; developing required reports; promoting the program to parents, staff and community; creating program schedules; planning staff development; and seeking community partners and donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Manage the daily operation of the program by creating the program and schedule of activities, taking student attendance, monitoring enrollment, ensuring daily safety of children, monitoring staff-to-child ratio, and effectively handling student discipline
2. Complete, manage and maintain financial, administrative and state required records and reports. Financial records include, but are not limited to, staffing and supply budgets, grant funds and donations. Administrative records include but are not limited to, enrollment forms, student write-ups, medication administration and injury/accident/lost child reports.
3. Create, coordinate and implement age-appropriate activities for students and ensure effectiveness of such activities. Engage students in enrichment activities, games, field trips, homework, and guest speakers. Conduct educational activities to include Everyday math, Literacy and Science. Order and purchase supplies as necessary.
4. Supervise Aides by monitoring, directing, assigning workload, training, implementing disciplinary actions, addressing complaints, resolving problems and completing employee performance evaluations. Maintain staff files per state and District guidelines. Conduct staff meetings.
5. Monitors all areas of the site budget using the District financial system. Prepare reports following District guidelines as related to petty cash, payroll, MSR report, and purchasing card.
6. Communicate program information and respond to phone calls, e-mails and written correspondence. Attend and participate in assigned meetings.
7. Secure building, equipment, and program per District and department guidelines. Ensure areas and equipment used by program are cleaned and maintained.
8. Distribute medication to students as directed and provide general First Aid when needed.
9. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? Must be at least 21 years old.
? Must meet or exceed the education and experience requirements for a School-Age Child Care Center Program Director as established by the Colorado Department of Human Services:
? Four-year college degree with a major in recreation; education with specialty in art, elementary or early childhood education; or a subject in the human service field. Copy of transcript required.
? OR Two years of college training and 6 months (910 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or part-time equivalent experience since age 18 in the care and supervision of four or more children. Copy of transcript/certificate and employer letter outlining employment verification.
? OR Three years (5460 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or part-time equivalent experience since age 18 in the care and supervision of 4 or more children and completion of 6 semester hours or 9 quarter hours or 40 clock hours of training in course work applicable to school age children within the first 9 months of employment. Copy of transcript/certificate and employer letter outlining employment verification.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions certifications required within 90 days after entering position. Will be required to take medication administration training as needed.
? Must successfully complete current district training for supervision of Classified Staff within one (1) year of entering position.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
? Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
? Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
? Supervisory skills.
? Training skills.
? Basic knowledge of age-appropriate developmental and enrichment activities for school-age children and ability to implement such activities successfully.
? Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
? Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
? Ability to manage multiple priorities.
? Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
? Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
? Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
? Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
? Operating knowledge of typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc. required within 1 month after entering position.
? Operating knowledge of District audio/video equipment, pagers, two-way radio and alarm systems required within 1 month after entering position.
? Operating knowledge of personal computers and peripherals required within 3 months after entering position.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & DIRECTION/GUIDANCE:
Reports to: Extended Learning Manager
Direct reports: Site Leader 1-5
Site Aide 1-5
? Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; making recommendations on terminating employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
? Responsible for supervising the behavior and well-being of students in the classroom, getting on and off the bus, on recess, etc.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
? Responsible for and adherence to the site budget.
? Collect and record donations according to district policies.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Categories : Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Administrator > Special Education Director Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241