Beaumont independent school districtJob DescriptionJOB TITLE:
Choose an item.REPORTS TO:
Assigned Department/CampusPAY GRADE:
Choose pay category.
Choose # of days workedLOCATION:
Assigned CampusDATE REVISED:
08/13/2018FUNDED BY:MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Oversee the Implementation of the Developing Reader Literacy Block in the Afterschool and Summer Programs:
Oversee the Implementation of Accelerated Reader ™ (AR):
- Structure the schedule of activities during the Developing Reader Literacy Block.
- Work with Healthy Choices tutor, psychosocial and literacy staff to organize children into groups of ten based on grade levels, reading levels and behavior management concerns.
- Support literacy tutors in the planning and implementation of daily read-alouds, guided independent reading practice and fluency-building activities during the in-school, afterschool, afterschool and summer programs.
- Provide feedback to literacy staff concerning best practices in daily read-alouds, guided independent reading practice and fluency-building activities.
- Communicate regularly with the Program Specialist at the field office.
Engage Families in Programming:
- Work with school librarian to organize the books used for Save the Children programs
- Assist with training school personnel in the correct use of AR, as needed.
- Incorporate one hour of planning time into daily schedule to enter data and prepare for programming.
- Incorporate one hour into weekly schedule to run and analyze AR reports.
- Address individual children's needs with appropriate staff and devise possible solutions.
- Assist school staff in administrating STAR Reading™ test, if needed.
- Administer post-STAR Reading™ test (if your school/program doesn't otherwise do so) for every child in Save the Children in-school and afterschool programs.
Oversee the Implementation of In-School Direct Services:
- Complete the Family Checklist to identify site-specific family engagement focus areas for the program year.
- Complete an annual Family Engagement Planning Guide to outline specific family engagement practices and activities to be conducted throughout the program year.
- Implement site-selected family engagement activities and practices throughout year, as outlined in annual plan; these will vary by site.
- Conduct at least two family engagement events during the program year to address key Family Engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with school administration and staff to identify areas of alignment between the program and school-wide family engagement practices.
- Communicate regularly with Program Specialist regarding family engagement activities.
- Conduct the required Family Post-Survey at the end of the program year; send home and actively encourage completion and return of the Family Post Survey by one parent/caregiver of each family with a child participating in the program.
- Submit family engagement data, including Family Post-Survey data and other identified data points, to Save the Children for analysis and review.
Support attendance tracking:
- Work with school personnel to identify struggling readers who would benefit from small group support.
- Oversee the implementation of activities such as guided independent reading practice, tutorials, and emergent reader modules by Save the Children trained tutors.
- Administer pre- and post-assessments for children participating in STC programming.
- Record daily program attendance in SCORE
- Make sure children's names in Renaissance Learning™ exactly match the children's names in SCORE.
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to the job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
The Beaumont Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities that it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Category: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager Contact Information
- Derwin Samuels
- 3395 Harrison Ave
- Beaumont, Texas 77706