Position: BUS DRIVERQUALIFICATIONS:
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.Must have a current Drivers License or Commercial Drivers License (CDL).Must be in good health and capable of fulfilling assigned duties and tasks.Must be able and willing to learn new aspects of the job. Must submit to an annual MVR (Motor Vehicle Report). Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the districts curriculum and extracurricular program.
1. Obeys all traffic laws and state regulations.
2. Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
3. Maintains discipline when students are on the bus.
4. Reports undisciplined students to the proper personnel.
5. Keeps assigned bus clean.
6. Keeps to assigned schedule.
7. Checks bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
8. Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
9. Discharges students only at authorized stops.
10. Exercises responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
Transports only authorized students and parents/guardians.
Fills out the necessary paperwork and returns to the secretary in a timely manner.
Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
Enforces regulations against smoking and eating on the bus during regular daily runs.
Shall be encouraged to secure a Red Cross First Aid Certificate.
Shall conduct emergency drills according to outlined procedures on all school buses. Such drills will be accomplished on the school grounds or an off the highway area.
Shall perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENTS: Salary and work year will be established by the Oglala Lakota County School Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Building Principal.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: All employees in contact with children must submit to and pass the required criminal background check and drug test.
Updated: 5/27/2014 - 9/9/19 Approved: 6/10/14
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Oi Zephier
- 206 School Street
- Batesland, South Dakota 57716