Part-Time and Temporary; 29 Hours Per WeekMinimum Qualifications
Nature of Position
- Bachelor's degree preferred with an emphasis in social work, psychology or education.
- Experience in youth development, mentoring, or related field.
- Ability to form effective relationships with community partners.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with various levels of administrative, instructional, and support personnel.
- Experience with various technology options to support required work.
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility and comfort in working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Oversees and manages the daily activities identified for the district Mentoring Program.
- Forms a strong collaboration with the partner organizations, which includes signing written agreements that outline the program parameters and expectations among the partners and appropriate officials representing each entity.
- Acts as a liaison between organizations supplying mentors and the mentees.
- Provides guidance to mentors and students to ensure that both have an enriching mentoring experience.
- Organizes orientation sessions that outline goals, procedures and activities for parents, students, and mentors.
- Organizes and assists with participants' screening, training, matching, support, supervision, recognition and closure activities for mentors and students.
- Secures all parent consent forms and mentee applications.
- Maintains records of attendance and outcomes for mentors and mentees.
- Organizes initial and ongoing support and training sessions for mentors and mentees.
- Creates and oversees implementation of ongoing marketing and mentor recruitment plans.
- Communicates with supervisor on a weekly basis concerning site or individual issues or new projects.
- Assists supervisor with development strategies and cultivation of philanthropic partnerships.
- Distributes activity packets and fliers for program events to mentors.
- Plans activities and events that support the goals of the Mentoring Program.
- Contributes to program evaluation efforts.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Instructional Support > Teacher Mentor
Student Services > Teacher Mentor Contact Information
- Amanda Schilling
- 800 E. City Hall Ave
- Norfolk, Virginia 23510