A Tutor facilitates learning in out of school time to leverage student achievement as part of the 21st Century Community Learning Center located at EAPrep Elementary School (SWK Campus). This program is part of Afterschool Centers on Education (ACE) a comprehensive academic program funded by the Texas Education Agency. This position is required to work evening hours and occasional weekends. This position is for the academic year.Essential Functions
- Provide individualized content and skill-development tutoring to assigned students, including implementation of pre-designed intervention curriculum.
- Develop and lead program activities in the areas of leadership, social services, robotics, crafts clubs, etc.
- Assist students in accessing grade-level content as presented in their daily assignments.
- Disaggregate data related to student performance and mastery aligned to assigned curriculum areas, the TEKS, and all required testing.
- Communicate consistently with students, parents, and school personnel.
- Work school staff to appropriately accommodate students who have special learning needs.
- Accurately complete and submit all required documentation (work-logs, time sheets, etc.).
- Continue personal and professional growth.
- Have regular attendance and exhibit punctuality.
- Contribute to the creation of a school-wide culture of success for students.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Attend monthly school meetings and in-service training as specified by campus administration.
- Maintain professional development requirements to improve skills related to job assignment.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2 years of tutoring or teacher assistant experience in a Texas public, private or charter school.
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse and underserved populations
- Ability to create motivational enrichment activities.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to be flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thinks and acts in ways that respect ethnic, cultural and language diversity
- Ability to work in partnership with others and coordinate a working team in the accomplishment of a project.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.Work Environment
Majority of work performed in a general office environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties including some support to program participants via phone.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Tutor Contact Information
- Jaime Huerta
- 6002 JainLane
- Austin, Texas 78721