July 10, 2019Summary:
Under direct supervision incumbents provide for the safety of students on playgrounds, buses, street crossings, lunchrooms, hallways and other school property by enforcing school rules and policies pertaining to student behavior in areas as described above. Incumbents may serve in one or more of these areas. Incumbents may also be exposed to extreme temperatures when working outside.Required Qualifications:
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- Must receive CPR certification within 30 days of hire date.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D.).
- One year of remedial program experience;
- One year of curriculum, instruction and assessment program experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Working with children;
- Identifying and responding to hazardous situations;
- Applying school disciplinary procedures;
- Maintaining safe environment for children;
- School rules, policies and disciplinary steps;
- Standard safety procedures;
- Interpersonal communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, feeling, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.Working Conditions:
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Category: Support Staff > Food Service Contact Information
- Lydia Garcia
- 4650 W Sweetwater Ave
- Glendale, Arizona 85304