Under the direction of the head coach and athletic director, and in accordance with District policies, procedures and CHSAA regulations, the assistant coach shall be responsible for the phases of the program for which they are hired, all responsibilities as assigned by the head coach, and his/her players.
- Impress upon the athlete that his/her major obligation is that of a student and then an athlete. Athlete must maintain eligibility to participate.
- Emphasizes that the paramount concern should be contributing to the sport, the team, school and community .
- Provides a program which teaches and develops skills, leadership, integrity, positive attitudes and sportsmanship.
- Is a positive role model at all times as well as an exemplary representative of the program, Summit High School and our community.
- Provides the head coach with information pertaining to his/her team, practice schedule, team personnel issues. This includes athlete, team or parent situations that may arise.
- Assists head coach in preparing athletic budget recommendations and providing information on needs and expenses, and repairs.
- Assists the head coach in maintaining an up-to-date inventory of all uniforms and equipment and is responsible for secure and orderly distribution, collection and storage of same.
- Checks and prevents all athletes from participating who do not have a current physical exam, parent consent form, proof of insurance coverage, signed participation contract and who have not paid athletic fee.
- Assumes responsibility for supervision of locker room areas, indoor and outdoor activity areas until all team members have vacated the school property. (This includes practice and game days, including return from an away contest.)
- Makes a safety inspection of facilities before and after usage by athletic team. Reports concerns immediately to head coach and/or custodian or maintenance personnel.
- Submits complete accident reports on all injuries, whether in practice or in a game, to the head coach and the athletic trainer as soon as possible.
- Will be a professional in education and will conduct themselves as such at all times.
- Will work to develop honest and fair rapport with student athletes, parents, school staff. - Assists the head coach in the development of a consistent system for honoring athletic achievement.
- Assures that team members are well groomed, suitably attired and represent Summit High School in an exemplary manner.
- Assists head coach with varsity contest responsibilities.
- Attends and runs daily practice sessions for assigned team level or area of expertise.
- May be required to scout opponents. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Complies with rules and regulations as established by Summit School District, the League, and the Colorado High School Activities Association.
- Is encouraged to attend athletic workshops, clinics and maintain current knowledge base in program area.
- Will maintain CHSAA certification as a coach as well as First Aid and CPR certification.
- Avoids the use of drugs and refrains from the use of drugs, tobacco and alcoholic beverages while in direct contact with students.
- Attends other school sponsored events when possible.
- Will use professional discretion in speaking with the media.
Job Category : Athletics & Activities > Coaching Equal Opportunity Employer
Summit School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Trisha Forman
- 450 Sixth Street
- Frisco, Colorado 80443