SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining, repairing and installing all types of plumbing equipment, domestic water systems and related devices. Specific duties include performing preventative maintenance (PM) programs, inspections and repairs; responding to emergency plumbing calls and maintaining and repairing all natural gas services including valves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Troubleshoot, repair and maintain plumbing equipment including, but not limited to, faucets, grease traps, flush valves, sinks, water heaters, commodes, drinking fountains, specialized daycare and photo processing equipment, domestic water heater pumps, flush meters, backflow prevention devices, and valves and water meters.
2. Perform PM inspections and repairs in all district facilities including, but not limited to, domestic water systems and related devices and sanitary waste drainage.
3. Respond to emergency plumbing calls such as clogged drains, broken water lines, and frozen pipes. Evaluate situation and take corrective action.
4. Install new plumbing fixtures including, but not limited to, sinks, commodes, urinals, faucets, drinking fountains, domestic water heaters and related devices.
5. Maintain and repair all natural gas services including values.
6. Investigate and respond to all emergency calls regarding gas odors and possible natural gas leaks.
7. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma, completion of G.E.D., or equivalent.
? Vocational school or short term courses in Journeyman Plumbers License.
? Minimum of three years experience in plumbing.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Valid Colorado driver?s license.
? Valid Colorado State Journeyman Plumber License required for hire.
? Backflow Prevention Certification preferred at hire, required within 6 months of entering position.
? Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Category: Support Staff > Maintenance Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241