Non-exempt Job Summary
Responsible for cleaning in all areas of the building to include vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, mopping, wiping, and emptying trash utilizing appropriate equipment, and supplies. Essential Duties
- Locks and unlocks doors; activities and deactivates alarm system.
- Sweeps, mops, dusts all classrooms, bathrooms, offices, hallways, and specialty rooms. Keeps building and premises neat and clean at all times.
- Uses appropriate equipment and supplies to wipe and sanitize toilets, sinks, mirrors, countertops, windows, and water fountains.
- Empties trash.
- Stocks paper products at all points of use.
- Waxes floors and operates buffing machine.
- Vacuums and cares for building carpeting.
- Washes windows and furniture.
- Picks up litter and debris on outside school grounds.
- Makes minor repairs to equipment and furniture as needed.
- Replaces light bulbs, tubes, ceiling tile, switch and outlet plates and pencil sharpeners as needed.
- Complies with laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash and waste.
- Use power lift to perform tasks up to 40 ft.
- Moves furniture, folds and unfolds chairs as required.
- Lower flags.
- Delivers packages and messages.
- Load and unload delivery trucks.
- Mops and buffs cafeteria
- Contacts Facilities Supervisor for after-hour emergencies.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions. Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school or office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Clearance
Criminal Justice Background check, Fingerprinting, TB Assessment Supervision Received
: Principal, Head Custodian/Custodial SupervisorThis job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The applicant will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator. Accomack County Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise, or change this job description and related duties at any time. The Accomack County School System does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, handicap, race, religion, color, or national origin in its employment practices. "We are an equal opportunity employer."
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Jason Baldwin, HR
- 23296 Courthouse Ave.
- P.O. Box 330
- Accomac, Virginia 23301