SUMMARY: Develop, negotiate, and administer contracts, agreements, and the acquisition aspect in new business proposals of moderate to high dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity. Create solicitations and contracts while analyzing cost estimates. Negotiate specifications and statement of works, price, date of delivery and other contractual and licensing provisions with suppliers.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Process requisitions into purchase orders in accordance with state and federal law and Board policy.
2. Evaluate requests for purchase of supplies, equipment and services to determine appropriate procurement method.
3. Evaluate, analyze, tabulate and recommend bid awards to user by considering price, quality, and delivery.
4. Develop and maintain effective relationships with customer contracting officials to facilitate business transactions and enhance future acquisitions.
5. Direct the development of terms, conditions, and specifications ensuring compliance with project instructions consistent with contract terms and conditions as applicable to the District?s regulations, policies and procedures.
6. Provide training/guidance to project team and purchasing staff on construction and service contracts with emphasis on contract administration, documentation and procurement system requirements and other District policies and procedures as appropriate.
7. Provide information and support for technical purchases to project staff and District personnel. Research and analyze new products, market conditions and trends which may affect pricing and availability of products and services.
8. Review life cycle cost analysis and cost proposal development and participate in technical proposal preparation for construction and service contracts.
9. Respond in a timely, professional, and comprehensive manner to project/client directives and requests involving contract compliance, cost proposals, insurance requirements and other administrative procurement issues.
10. Responsible to the purchasing manager for assuring the appropriate project procurement system is utilized. Support and encourage effective use of controls on procurement projects.
11. Develop and maintain bid specifications and standards to ensure best value, selection and pricing and to promote competition and maintain quality.
12. Initiate on a timely basis the coordination of purchase order close-out actions including, but not limited to, review of claims, final project cost and coordination.
13. Conduct pre-bid conferences with bidders and departments. Preside at bid openings and proposal meetings.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related area.
- Minimum of five (5) years purchasing experience, contract administration experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Ability to travel among district facility locations.
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and data systems.
- Knowledge of business principles, such as purchasing, materials logistics management, business and contract law.
- Applied knowledge of business principles and analysis techniques such as price and cost proposal.
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of moderate and complex problems.
- Understand completely and applies principles, concepts, practices and standards with full and competent knowledge of industry and District practices.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
Job Category : Administrator > Business/Finance Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241