SUMMARY: Assist students in Specialized Programs by providing specialized individualized instruction; including academic support, monitoring behaviors, functional life skills. Assists student in maintaining personal health and hygiene functions; assists students to and from classes and bus stops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide support in general education setting in order for students to fully participate in class activities. Assist students in Specialized Programs by tutoring, adapting work and monitoring and enforcing social and acceptable behavior. May assist with administer testing or assessments. Assist instructor with related paperwork. Implement specialized therapy programs; work directly with therapists on physical progress and Individualized Education Plans (IEP).
2. Assist special needs students in performing daily routines, including getting to and from class and bus stops, using toilets, diapering, feeding, medical needs and personal hygiene, including working with trach, feeding tubes, and catherization. Support behavior plan implementation.
3. Sanitize, disinfect and clean learning environment and general work area of all bodily fluids.
4. Facilitate and encourage speech and language development through the use of alternate communication systems such as sign language or voice activated computer systems.
5. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent.
? Willingness to work with students with significant needs (training opportunities provided).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
? CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
? Universal Precautions training required within 3 months after entering position.
? CPI/Safety Care training certification required within 3 months after entering position.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241