S upervisor C-260, ESL DEPARTMENT: English as a Second Language JOB STATUS: Salaried, Exempt CLASS SUMMARY :
Incumbent is responsible for overseeing activities related to English as a Second Language programs. Duties include overseeing the development and implementation of program curriculum and materials for individual student programs, monitoring instructional activities, supervising staff, preparing funding reports, placing students in programs and acting as a liaison to various ethnic groups. ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
1. Supervises staff within the ESL program, including prioritizing all developing work plans, evaluating performance, interpreting policies and procedures, making hiring and termination recommendations, making pay rate change recommendations and providing training and development designed to improve student academic achievement.
2. Oversees the day to day operations of programs including compiling and maintaining student enrollment records, compiling payroll data, filing reimbursement claims, ordering supplies and materials and maintaining inventory of equipment supplies and materials.
3. Acts as liaison including providing technical assistance to administrators, teachers, tutors, staff, parents and the general public including meeting with others regarding appropriate programs for students.
4. Assists management in assessing and placing students within the ESL program.
5. Develops, implements and evaluates programs, program goals and policies and ensuring Programs remain in compliance with Federal and state laws and regulations and meet student needs.
6. Coordinates and implements pre-services and inservices ensuring staff and professionals are well equipped in dealing with the needs of students in programs.
7. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Job Categories : Special Education > Speech/Language Pathologist
Student Services > Speech/Language Pathologist Contact Information
- Rick Bailey
- 270 E STATE ST
- Columbus, Ohio 43215-4312