SUMMARY: Assist with all aspects of food production and service of meals including cooking, line set-up, replenish supplies, clean up and cash collection. Prepare end-of-day reports and reconcile cash and student accounts. Comply with Health Department Standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. Display exceptional customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time may vary based on building assignment
1. Assist in meal preparation and service by cooking, proportioning and setting up serving lines, condiment stand and fruit and vegetable bar. Maintain compliance with Health Department standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures, including Nutrition Services SOPs and employee expectations, and all applicable state and federal regulations in assigned school.
2. Serve, cashier, batch cooks and/or wash dishes during meal service.
3. May be responsible for preparing end-of-day reports including counting and reconciling cash and student accounts, assist with processing of advanced payments from students/parents. Meet department, state and federal continuing education requirements as required.
4. Clean equipment, utensils, pans, and all food preparation, serving and storage areas, following scheduled cleaning lists.
5. Maintain records including but not limited to, entering amount of food prepared, used and leftover on menu worksheets. Store, date, and label leftover food
6. Foster a team environment by assisting coworkers with scheduled work demands
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent.
? One year work experience with preparation of large volume food preparation and/or cashiering preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
? SNA certification preferred
? Must meet minimum national professional standards and training requirements for school nutrition professionals who manage and operate the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs.
? Successful completion of Nutrition Services training programs after entering position.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Category: Support Staff > Food Service Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241