Pay Grade: 4510 (10) Position Control: 3968 Department: Various SchoolsAccountable To: Facility Manager and/or Principal FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Creation/Revision Date:
July 10, 2019Summary:
Under general supervision, incumbent(s) provides safety of students and community at the crosswalk facility and school property, enforces crosswalk functions and procedures, and maintains student management at crosswalk facility and school property.Essential Functions:
- Directs, monitors, and assists students and community members to cross at established crosswalks and school zones.
- Alerts motorists to the presence of students and community by displaying appropriate signs and stops traffic to cross students and community members.
- Maintains discipline by monitoring student behavior and taking the appropriate action according to school and District policies and procedures. Monitors student progress in reading and/or mathematics.
- Places and removes appropriate signs for the established school zones based on the crosswalk operating agreement on file with the school and District. Wears and displays District's reflective clothing while performing crossing guard duties.
- Attends District and school meetings. Stays current on District procedures including attending safety training programs and the District's crossing guard training program.Performs other duties as required.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- Completion of District Crossing Guard Training Program prior to performing crossing guard duties.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired;
- One year of experience as a crossing guard.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Knowing school rules, policies and disciplinary steps;
- Knowing standard safety procedures;
- Working with children;
- Identifying and responding to emergency situations;
- Applying school disciplinary procedures;
- Maintaining safe environment for children;
- Utilizing City crossing guard procedures;
- Applying traffic regulations;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions:
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.Contact Information
- Lydia Garcia
- 4650 W Sweetwater Ave
- Glendale, Arizona 85304