ABOUT OUR DISTRICT:
The Syracuse City School District is Building our Future by ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve at a high level. Teaching and learning are our core business and we know that education is essential to improve future life opportunities for our students. We also recognize that strong leaders and teachers together have a profound impact on student achievement. With this in mind, we are seeking educators who are ready to partner with us and our community in ensuring a bright future for all students. The Syracuse City School District represents 34 schools and 4 alternative education programs and serves over 21,000 students in grades Pre K-12. 78% of SCSD students qualify for free or reduced lunch price, and approximately 20% are served by the Office of Special Education. 77% of the students in the school district are students of color.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The job of Executive Director was established for the purpose(s) of directing the delivery of programs and services at the respective school level through site administration; providing information and serving as a resources to others; achieving defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing, and maintaining services in compliance with established guidelines; and serving as a member of the leadership team.REPORTS TO:
Chief Academic OfficerDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Director will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel (e.g. other administrators, auditors, public agencies, community members, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs;
- Compiles data from a variety of sources for the purpose of developing and/or evaluating school programs and/or complying with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Coordinates operations among schools (e.g. testing, personnel, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring district objectives are achieved and resources are effectively utilized.
- Directs department operations, the maintenance of services and the implementation of new programs and/or processes (e.g. personnel, budgets, etc.) for the purpose of providing services within established timeframes and in compliance with related requirements.
- Evaluates programs and/or projects (e.g. curriculum, standardized testing, drug education, etc.) for the purpose of carrying out and achieving objectives within area of responsibility.
- Facilitates meetings, workshops, seminars, etc. (e.g. personnel actions, financial procedures, regulatory requirements, actions involving outside agencies, inter-district needs, etc.) for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations, supporting other staff, and serving as a District representative.
- Manages a wide variety of programs (e.g. school improvement, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring district compliance with established guidelines.
- Monitors budget allocations, expenditures and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Performs personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, evaluating, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel, and achieving objectives within budget.
- Researches a variety of topics (e.g. current practices, instructional materials, methods, curriculum guidelines, etc.) for the purpose of developing new programs and/or master plans.
- Performs additional related duties as required.
- Job-related experience within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility
- Master's Degree in job related area
- Minimum of 5 years as a successful School Principal at the respective area of supervision
- Prior demonstration of exemplary attendance is expected of any candidate for hire.
- Training and or experience with Culturally Relevant Education (preferred)
New York State Certificate in Education Administration (School District Leader).
Job Category : Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager Equal Opportunity Employer
Syracuse City School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Bridget Kemp
- 725 Harrison Street
- Syracuse, New York 13210