1. Clear and valid Texas Driver's License with acceptable driving record as determined by the Texas School Bus Driver's requirements if required to drive a district vehicle.
2. Ability to operate tractor and landscaping equipment.
3. Ability to operate riding or power mower, power tools and hand tools.
4. Ability to read and understand written instructions.
5. Ability to communicate (verbally) effectively.
6. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
7. Ability to speak, read and understand English.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
260 days SALARY/PAYGRADE:
Salary (based on verifiable job-related experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2019-2020 ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Mow and detail all district grounds, including athletic fields.
2. Care for trees, shrubs and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds and controlling weeds.
Plant shrubs and vegetation.
3. Assist with the preparation of athletic fields for games, including chalking fields.
4. Water grounds and apply fertilizer.
5. Collect and dispose of leaves, dirt, rubbish and refuse from district facilities.
6. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures.
7. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
8. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
9. Help keep vehicle, equipment and tools in safe operating condition.
10.Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
11.Perform other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
12.Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.WORKING CONDITIONS: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and around moving objects or vehicles. Exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals (herbicides and fertilizer), and loud noises. Frequent district-wide travel.APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Email: [email protected] DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications taken year round
Applying for this posting places your name in a pool of applicants who wish to be considered for this position as it becomes available
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication. Contact Information