Substitute School Bus Monitor
15-25 hours per week
$10.57 hour Job Goal:
To provide safe and efficient care and assistance so that the students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage of their educational day. Reports to:
Director of Operations Qualifications and Requirements:
- Exemplary, predictable and punctual attendance is essential in this position.
- Employee must be physically present and mentally alert at all times.
- To assist loading/unloading and safely secure students in wheelchairs, car seats and cam-wraps.
- To perform tasks including lifting students and equipment.
- Communicate effectively and in a positive way with parents and school staff.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Excellent moral character and personal habits.
- Enjoy working with children of all ages and be sensitive to their needs.
- Possess qualities of initiative, self-reliance and leadership.
- Neat, clean and presentable.
- Free from adverse effects of medication, alcohol, and drugs.
- Use respectable language at all times.
- Emotionally stable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, kneel, walk or stand. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk while performing the duties of this job. The employee frequently will reach while bending and often uses hand strength in securing and assisting special needs students. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds, and push or pull up to 90 pounds, such as needs of students or students in wheelchairs require. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, and depth perception and peripheral vision. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the loading and unloading of students. (See attached bulletin on wheelchair loading procedures)
- Assist the driver by maintaining student discipline as approved by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Be certain that lap belts and other assistive devices for students are fastened.
- Notify the Transportation Coordinator well in advance if she/he is unable to work.
- Work as a team with the bus driver to ensure safety and efficiency in the transportation of students.
- Make certain that a responsible person meets all students at home and by a classroom staff person at school.
- Collect and turn over to the parent or classroom staff all student belongings.
- Shall refrain from eating, drinking or using tobacco products in or around the bus.
- Assist students with basic first aid & medical assistance as needed
- Make sure that any special need is met which is a part of the transportation service.
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Terms of Employment:
- A.M. and P.M. bus route with the possibility of extra bus runs.
- Per the Master Agreement between the Saline Board of Education and the E.S.P.; Minimum of $10.57/hour.
Employee's performance shall be evaluated at least once within the first 60 days of employment and at least once annually thereafter. FLSA Status:
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Supervisory Aide
Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Curt Ellis
- 7265 Saline Ann Arbor Rd
- Saline, Michigan 48176