The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2019-20 school year: Goshen Community Schools Interpreter REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Able to do Consecutive Interpreting (Interpretation is delivered immediately after the source is presented, i.e. English speaker says a few phrases, interpreter delivers the message to non-English speaker, and vice versa.)
- Able to do Sight Translation (This oral translation of written documents such as enrollment forms, information release forms, etc., is done on the spot, as needed.)
- Being fluent in the two languages being interpreted
- Pass an interpreter test
- Ensure that accurate, effective communication occurs among all parties.
- Interpret without omitting, adding to, or altering anything said or written.
- Having some relevant experience
- Understand and uphold the rights of all parties and respect the confidentiality of the communication.
- Showing knowledge of cultures involved
- Being comfortable with public speaking
- Being able to interpret in situation where there is conflict or sharing of sensitive information
This position is not eligible for benefits.APPLICATION PROCESS:
In order to be considered for an interview, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire
Current GCS employees should click on the Internal link at the top of the page.
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
- Three current letters of reference attached or please list 3 references
For questions regarding this position please contact:
613 East Purl Street
Goshen, IN 46526[email protected]
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS:
Job Category: Student Services > Translator Contact Information
- Sarah Deegan
- 613 East Purl Street
- Goshen, Indiana 46526