Bethel School District is seeking qualified applicants for a temporary 4.5 hours per day Educational Assistant I for Meadow view School.
Bethel Schools are committed to creating safe, caring, mutually respectful environments where all students are honored and valued for their diverse cultural backgrounds, strengths and abilities in every instructional practice and school activity to support academic achievement and student success. Nature of Work
An Educational Assistant I may be assigned classroom duties which involve a variety of clerical, word processing, computer spreadsheet and data base, typing, duplication and similar tasks in order to relieve a teacher of more routine, day to day classroom duties. Duties outside of the classroom include supervising playground and cafeteria activities. Selection Factors
- Knowledge of educational programs offered in all schools and of basic educational techniques, as required by the position.
- Knowledge of the basic developmental stages of a child's learning process.
- Ability to schedule the workload and meet the needs of the program.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to learn the duties of the position after a brief orientation period.
- Ability to work with small groups and individual students in special programs.
- Ability to prepare materials for lesson plans.
- Ability to interact positively with children and adults, and observe individual student abilities.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to learn safe lifting and proper physical positioning techniques to place students in student desks or in passenger vehicles, as required by the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, administrators, parents and co-workers.
- Ability to safely and proficiently operate standard office and audio-visual equipment, as required by the position.
- Ability to maintain an appropriate and legal level of confidentiality regarding students, staff, and other individuals.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable and prompt attendance.
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous course work and training in child development, childcare, or instructional assistance experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge and abilities needed to perform the work. Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work may be substituted for the required experience.
For information regarding this position, please email Erika Case
, Principal at Meadow View School.
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration.
If you are an in-district employee and wish to be considered for this position, please indicate your interest in writing to Remie Calalang
, Human Resources Director, by 4:00 p.m., August 19, 2019. CLOSING DATE
: Open until filled Bethel School District 52 complies with provisions of the various civil rights laws, such as the Fair Employment Practices Act, Title IX regulations, and Section 504 of PL93.112 in employment and educational programs and activities. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT The Bethel School District, an equal opportunity employer, complies with provisions of the various civil rights laws, such as the Fair Employment Practice Act, Title IX Regulations and Section 504 of PL 93.112 in employment and educational programs and activities. The District is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act amendments of 1989. Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Disabled persons may contact Remie Calalang, HR Director, at (541) 689-3280 for additional information or assistance. POSITIONS AVAILABLE PLEASE POST IMMEDIATELY
4640 Barger Drive, Eugene, OR 97402 l Phone: (541) 689-3280 l Fax: (541) 689-0719 l www.bethel.k12.or.us
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Jill Busby, Board Secretary
- 4640 Barger Drive
- Eugene, Oregon 97402