SUMMARY: Provides clerical assistance to office, instructional and other staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time may vary based on building assignment.
1. Copy, sort, assemble, staple, bind and distribute materials to appropriate staff. Create photocopies as requested by staff. Laminate and collate materials.
2. Perform various office duties such as word processing, typing, sorting/distributing mail, answering phones, directing calls, taking and delivering messages, distribute and send faxes, filing and data entry. Assists visitors and parents.
3. Maintain order of workroom, including troubleshooting copier trouble. Maintain and order general office supplies and various miscellaneous supplies.
4. May monitor students on lunch or daytime breaks and during time-out sessions. Provide minor first aid to students.
5. May enter attendance, accept and enter registrations and back-up secretary as needed.
6. Assist staff and instructors and perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent.
? No experience required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Category: Support Staff > Administrative Assistant Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241