Attention: This posting is open until filled
JOB TITLE: High School Assistant Principal
REPORTS TO: High School Principal
LOCATION: Benton Harbor High School
Our high school is interested in hiring an experienced educator who will be responsible for assisting the building principal in organizing and fostering a positive, safe environment that is conducive to best meeting the needs of all students, staff and parents. This includes such responsibilities as: leading, directing, counseling, and supervising a variety of personnel and programs; creating effective parent, teacher, student communications, supporting, encouraging, mentoring, and evaluating staff; fostering teamwork between teachers and among staff and parents; and managing budget items. Additionally, our high school is seeking an individual who has extensive experience and skills with curriculum and instructions.
- Master's Degree in Teaching from an accredited college or university
- Valid current Michigan Administrative credentials.
- Minimum of three (3) successful years of teaching experience. This requires evaluation rating of Effective/Highly Effective for the last 3 years.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an instructional coach, teaching & learning specialist, coordinator or director or other related position to instruction/curriculum.
- Prior experience working in an urban setting with students who are at-risk.
- Ability to create a safe, orderly, positive school climate for students and staff.
- Ability to foster growth, creativity, and flexibility using a variety of techniques.
- Ability to facilitate resolution of complex interpersonal issues.
- Demonstrate successful experience in shared decision making, program development, staff supervision and evaluation.
- Ability to evaluate teachers using the district adopted framework.
- Knowledge and demonstrative skills in the use of technology for teaching and learning.
- Managerial skill in planning, organizing, delegating, and listening.
- Knowledge of innovations in education; alternative instructional strategies, alternative assessment methods; blended instructional support; in-class support for special needs students, instruction based on student performance and decision making, peer tutoring, cooperative learning.
Preferred Qualifications : Ph.D or Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction or related field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Promote the use of technology in teaching/learning processPromote a positive, caring climate for learningConduct staff evaluationsAssist principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain and records to track progress on campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicatorsWork collaboratively with Dean of Students and Director of Culture and Climate to administer discipline, monitor student attendance, oversee the ISS coordinatorAssist in the development of the Master ScheduleAnswer questions concerning curriculum and instruction for teachers and parentsDevelop and conduct professional learning opportunities for staffOversee the School Improvement Team processOversee PLCs, Department meetings, and Grade-level meetingsAssist with student supervision at all timesCommunicate with parents, staff, and students as neededParticipate in the district's Interviewing ProcessSupervise operations in principal's absenceArticulate the school's mission to community and solicit its support in realizing missionPerforms other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Terms of Employment:
This is a twelve-month position. Salary and benefits as established by the Superintendent of Schools
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the High School Principal.
BHAS is an equal opportunity employer
Job Category: Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Kayla Connor
- 1995 Union Avenue
- Benton Harbor, Michigan 49022