Substitute TeacherDescription & Details
Cotopaxi Consolidated Schools, located in School District Fremont RE-3, is currently seeking a Substitute Teacher.Responsibilities:
- Implements the instructional plans prepared by the teacher in an effective manner.
- Reports to the principal or school secretary upon arrival at the school.
- Serves as a positive role model for students, demonstrating professionalism that includes a positive attitude, positive and respectful communication, and professional appearance.
- Maintains a classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
- Establishes an effective rapport with pupils while maintaining proper classroom management.
- Holds and communicates high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Implements a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media as required in the lesson plans for the day.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation, pertaining to the teacher and students.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Performs all extra duties for the absent teacher (i.e., lunch or recess duty).
- Acquaints self with and adheres to the rules, regulations, administrative guidelines, policies and procedures as established by the Cotopaxi School Board
- Promotes public relations for the school's programs and activities.
- Communicates effectively with parents when needed.
- Maintains a professional and positive rapport with parents, co-workers, administration, and community members.
- Reports any unusual occurrence or event to the principal or the designated representative immediately.
- Remains at school during the entire school day unless excused by the principal or designated representative.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Must have a valid Colorado Certification/license as required by Colorado Department of Education. You can apply for a license at the following link: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/licensure_authorization_landing.Creative and positive communication skills with the ability to problem solve effectively. Physical Demands:
1. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may occasionally push and/or lift up to 40 pounds such as a child, boxes of books or AV/VCR or Multi-Media cart.
2. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well-being, or work output of other people.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus.
4. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.Work Environment
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Contact Information
- Randy Bohlander
- PO Box 385
- Cotopaxi, Colorado 81223