**Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email from "TalentEd" with tasks to complete. Once you have completed those tasks, your application will be received by the district. We thank you for your interest in a position at Cotopaxi Consolidate Schools. Position Purpose
Responsible for the general upkeep of all district schools and facilities, including general cleaning, trash removal, floor cleaning, sanitizing, restrooms, special event set up, activities, etc. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele. Essential Job Functions
- Detail towards all cleaning and disinfection requirements.
- Maintains classroom and common areas to a high standard as established.
- Daily detail of restrooms and lockerrooms.
- Assists in cafeteria and other areas as assigned by supervior.
- Cleans, dusts, and straightens desks; cleans counters, sinks, water fountains, whiteboards, blinds, furniture, walls, windows, mirrors, base coves, floors, carpets, and other items as needed or assigned.
- Vacuums, shampoos, sweeps, strips, buffs, mops, etc. floors and stairs as directed.
- Moves, relocates and transports material, furniture, and equipments as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as requested by faculty and staff to include lockers, doors, lighting, desks, clean up, etc.
- Assists with safety drills, scenarios and real-life situations as needed and directed.
- Cleans hazards, including bodily fluids, spills, etc. per best practices and current regulations.
- Snow removal, lawn care and weed removal as needed.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing equipment and materials.
- Reports minor and major building and facility related issues immediately to supervisor.
- Assist and works collaboratively with maintenance services on the repair and upkeep of the building.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in both written or oral form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications.
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands of the position.
- Ability to operate and care for mechanized cleaning equipment along with standard custodial material performing a wide range of custodial tasks.
- Ability to recognize safety issues in the workplace.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders contacted within the course of work requirements.
- Ability to work independently on assignments.
- Effective cooperative, collaborative, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates honesty, excellence, respect, integrity, patience, responsibility, and trustworthiness.
~Please contact the district if you have any questions regarding this position. Thank you again for your interest!
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Randy Bohlander
- PO Box 385
- Cotopaxi, Colorado 81223