SUMMARY: Lead and supervise children in the BASE Program during education and recreational activities and during field trips. Duties include providing direction, guidance and assistance to students; effectively handling student discipline situations; ensuring student safety and security; communicating with parents, staff, teachers and site director; communicating with parents; opening, closing and securing school building; preparing snacks; cleaning classroom areas; recording attendance; assisting sick or injured students; assisting BASE Program site director with supervision of staff; and creating new activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Supervise, guide and assist students during crafts, art projects, games and other activities to provide developmental stimulation and meet the children?s needs. Monitor student behavior during activities, effectively handle student discipline situations and encourage and support positive behavior.
2. Observe the children and monitor the security of the building at all times to ensure the children?s health and safety. Distribute medicine to students as directed and provide general First Aid when needed.
3. Create interesting and educational activities to engage the interest of students.
4. Assist BASE Program director with supervising BASE Program site aides including assisting with interviewing, hiring and training employees. In the absence of the site director, supervise and maintain order of staff and students and report any problem to site director upon his/her return.
5. Communicate with parents, staff, teachers and site director regarding child or program issues. Record attendance and contact parents regarding absent students.
6. Call parents to get authorization for an unauthorized adult to pick up the student from the program. Check identification of adult.
7. Open and close school building and secure school building at the end of the program by locking doors and turning off lights.
8. Prepare snacks and clean the activity and kitchen areas after use.
9. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
? Minimum of 6 months of experience in supervising and monitoring students.
? Must be at least 18 years old.
? Must be qualified based on Department of Human Services regulations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions Certifications are required within 90 days after entering position. Will be required to take medication administration training as needed.
? Must complete current state required annual continuing education (presently 15 hours minimum) related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity, and professionalism.
Job Category : Athletics & Activities > After School Programs Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241