Position is responsible for building and implementing new reporting capabilities by working with various functional areas of the school division and outside vendors to streamline the visualization, efficiency and accuracy of the reporting. This position will develop reports, metrics, models, scorecards and dashboards by gathering data and transforming into stories/insights that drive recommendations and the decision making process throughout the school division and serves as a technical liaison to the NNPS Technology department, Tyler MUNIS SaS support and other outside vendors and NNPS department contacts to resolve system problems, ?debug? software functionality and interface applications issues as it relates to ERP system data reporting and analytics. Essential Duties
1. Functions as an analytics and reporting expert for the ERP systems functional areas to include Budget, Accounting, Purchasing, HR, Payroll, Operations & Maintenance, and Technology by designing, developing and maintaining reports, dashboards and ad hoc queries.
2. This position will develop reports, metrics, models, scorecards and dashboards by gathering data and transforming into stories/insights that drive recommendations and the decision making process throughout the school division.
3. Serves on the Information Technology & Data Governance operational subcommittee. This position will provide data governance oversite, best practice recommendations, specifically in safeguarding confidential data and maintaining integrity of the ERP system functionality and associated transaction level internal controls used in reporting of data internally and externally to the school division.
4. Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to ERP system data governance, security, and reporting.
5. Serves on ERP System project management team for major system enhancements to existing application software.
6. Perform ongoing ERP system release upgrade analysis and support, including assisting with the test plan creation, scheduling, and continuous monitoring of ASP resources to ensure patches for identified system issues are tested and applied to the live database in a timely fashion as it relates to dashboards and other reporting modules and software.
7. Through the use of various application tools, designs and implements custom system interfaces to facilitate the sharing of division data between functional areas and external vendors. This includes assisting with project and resource plans, risk assessment and testing of data and applications as it relates reporting, dashboards or other data interface functions.
8. Translates business reporting and interface requirements to functional specifications (technical solutions). This includes thoroughly testing and documenting reports, queries, interfaces and system configuration changes as it relates to reporting modules and dashboards.
9. Prepares and maintains current documentation of the ERP system as it relates to system reporting and interface specifications.
10. Serves as a technical liaison to the NNPS Technology department, Tyler MUNIS ASP support and other outside vendors and NNPS department contacts to resolve system problems and ?debug? data analytics and dashboard software functionality and interface applications issues.
11. Utilizes relational database solutions and/or database management systems such as Business Objects, Crystal reports and SQL query based tools to develop data visualization and dashboard analytics for all staff to optimize institutional effectiveness using academic and financial data.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.) Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience in ERP systems support, role based security and database management systems.
- Must possess 3-5 years of experience with role-based security access control (RBAC), preferably ERP systems.
- Must possess strong knowledge of relational database concepts; views, tables, fields and reporting.
- Must show demonstrated experience with the development of reports and scripts using relational database solutions and/or database management systems such as Business Objects, Crystal reports and SQL query based tools.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel and Visual Studio software applications.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized; high degree of accuracy; very dependable.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, administrators, school personnel and contractors.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Financial and HR/Payroll systems and data analysis preferred.
Job Categories: Administrator > Business/Finance
State-level Positions > Analyst Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Leslie Rogers, Human Resource Supervisor
- 12507 Warwick Boulevard
- Newport News, Virginia 23606