1. Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Must have security clearance and CCH check for assessing security-alarm passcard data.
3. Working knowledge of radio communications preferred.
4. TCOLE Telecommunicator Certification preferred. Applicants without a TCOLE Telecommunicator Certification must meet the requirement set forth by TCOLE to obtain a TCOLE Telecommunicator Certification and must obtain the certification within twelve months of employment.
5. Must be proficient in verbal and written communication.
6. Must possess a valid Texas driver's license. Out of state candidates will need to follow the Texas Department of Public Safety requirements. For more information go to http://www.dps.texas.gov/
7. Must be able to work shift-work, holidays, and weekends.
8. Must have working knowledge of computers.
9. Must be able to act and react with professional poise and effectiveness in stressful and/or emergency situations.
10.Must have command of English language and be able to communicate clearly over the telephone and radio.
11.Must have a high level of customer service skills.
12.Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending and computer keyboard activity.
13.Must maintain confidentiality of information, data and records.
14.Experience with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) preferred.
15.Experience with operation of CCTV systems preferred.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
260 Days SALARY/PAYGRADE:
Salary (based on verifiable job-related experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2019-2020ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Operate digital two-way radio and telecommunications system.
2. Operate TLETS, TCIC/NCIC systems.
3. Issue district vehicles to employees.
4. Operate Police Department's computer records management system (CAD and RMS).
5. Operate fire and burglar alarm monitoring system.
6. Operate video monitoring systems.
7. Be first point of contact for public after hours at Police Department.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.WORKING CONDITIONS:
1.Tools/Equipment Used: two-way radio, alarm system and other security equipment, fire extinguisher, and standard office equipment including computer and peripherals.
2. Posture: prolonged sitting and standing.
3. Motion: strenuous walking and climbing; frequent keyboarding/mouse, prolonged driving.
4. Lifting: moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 pounds) 10-50 pounds frequently; 50-100 pounds occasionally.
5.Environment: work inside and outside (moderate exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather), moderate exposure to noise, frequent district-wide travel.
6. Other: Exposure to extended periods of sitting, viewing monitors, and/or talking on the telephone or radio.
7. Mental Demands: maintain emotional control under stress; prolonged hours; ability to work shifts including rotating shifts/days off; may be on call 24 hours per day.APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Email: [email protected] DEADLINE TO APPLY:
August 13, 2019 or until filled
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication. Contact Information