1. High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
2. Ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English.
3. Possess good physical condition, stamina and ability for heavy and repeated lifting of approximately 75 lbs.
4. Knowledge of and ability to work with hand tools, pressure washers, scrubbing machines, manlifts, fork-lifts and pallet-jacks.
5. Ability to work on fixed and portable ladders; physically capable of bending, stooping, continuous standing and walking. Able to work in varied temperatures.
6. Able to work unique hours such as nights, weekends and holidays.
7. Experience in the general maintenance of facilities preferred.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
260 days SALARY/PAYGRADE:
Additional $1.00 per hour flex pay will be added to salary.
Salary (based on verifiable job-related experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2019-2020ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Member of the operations team with a primary responsibility in supporting events at the Berry Center.
2. Perform the set-up and disassembly of stage equipment, basketball floor, meeting room furniture (chairs, tables, carts), concourse set-ups, dressing rooms and other event-related equipment.
3. Perform preventive maintenance and participate in repairs of facility and equipment.
4. Perform pre/post event conversion inspections and document with checklists.
5. Perform cleaning and maintenance throughout facility. Keep all areas clean, organized and functional.
6. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
7. Assist with supervision of part-time staff and contract labor.
8. Work with all other support departments to successfully operate the Berry Center.
9. Perform other duties assigned by the Berry Center management team and/or CFISD administrative team.WORKING CONDITIONS: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Heavy lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling (75 pounds or more). Strenuous walking, standing, climbing. Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures and dust. Frequent irregular or prolonged hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Email: [email protected] DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications taken year round
Applying for this posting places your name in a pool of applicants who wish to be considered for this position as it becomes available
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication. Contact Information